Pursuing Modifications of Court Orders to Suit Your Evolving Needs

Once a divorce or custody case has been concluded, many people think they will need to abide by the ruling for years to come. While these types of orders are meant to be long lasting, they don’t have to be permanent. The courts understand that circumstances in life change and see the need to modified orders in order to reflect those changes.

Types of Modifications

No matter what type of order you have in place, it is possible to petition to have it changed for a wide range of reasons. The most common types of modifications include the following:

  • Custody Modifications – The needs of children often change as they grow up. A modification to a parenting plan is sometimes necessary to ensure their best interest are always put first.
  • Child Support Modifications – Child support orders may need to be changed due to a change in job, the birth of additional children, a child’s needs changing, and more.
  • Alimony/Spousal Support Modifications – Alimony/Spousal Support orders may need to be changed due to a change in job, retirement, and more

What to Expect

When attempting to modify an order, it is good to know what to expect. Every case is different, but in many situations you will face opposition from the other party involved. This means you will likely need to appear in court to argue your case to a judge, who will decide the outcome. Indigo Family Law will help craft the right arguments to present to the court. Brana  and her team will then persuasively present those arguments, giving you the best possible chance at having the modifications approved.

Planning is Key – Reach Out Today

If you want to have any type of order modified, it is best to start planning as soon as possible. Depending on the situation, it may be necessary to gather evidence, plan out a strategy, and file the proper paperwork with the courts. The sooner you contact us the better it will be for your case.

Contact Us Today

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.